Monday, July 4, 2011

Knitting, knitting, knitting... oh, and animals too.

I've been knitting quite a lot lately.  I basically took the weekend to veg and not do anything.  I probably should have been cleaning the house, but meh, who really cares besides Sean & I.  I finished my brainless socks that I cast on when things got hectic and I didn't have the power to do anything but just plain knit.

Plain Vanilla Socks, 5/14-7/3, String Theory Colorworks in Copper colorway.
I've been plugging along on my May socks.  These ones will probably take awhile, they are knee socks.  And because I have curvy calves, I've added some stitches to make them bigger around.  Great for fit, but adds that much more to knit.

Clessidra in progress
And just because I'm a masochist, I've added another pair of socks.  A knit-a-long for Three Fates Yarn to celebrate her going to Sock Summit as a vendor this year.  I absolutely adore all of Stephania's yarns, and jump at the chance to knit with more of it :-)  But, this is about all I've got so far, I just cast on today.  I love the colors in this yarn, it's called "Lavender Mojito" it just sounds so yummy.

Three Fates KAL
I'm also participating in the Tour De Fleece this year.  Yes, knitters and spinners are total geeks, I honestly don't know why this surprises people.  Anyway, the idea is that while the riders are spinning their wheels so are we, but of course, we make yarn.  My goal was to spin one hour every day.  I say "was" because the kickoff was Saturday, and that's the only day I've spun any yarn so far.  I felt like absolute crap yesterday, and I've been out of the house all day today.  So this is all I have to show so far.

2 oz of merino I plied up, and the very beginnings of some merino/tussah roving.
So maybe I will stop being a slacker tomorrow and catch up a bit, we'll see.  Oh yeah, and since this is also supposed to be a blog about my crazy pets, I give you Gidgit and Loki, being complete lazy butts with me the other day.

Cuddle time in the recliner.
Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment