Tuesday, June 28, 2011

We now return you to your regularly scheduled....whatever

Hectic, this is the definition of my life for the last few months.  Shortly after my last post my wonderful sister-in-law and my awesome brother asked me to be their maid of honor and help them plan the wedding, with 3 weeks notice.  So, I did what I do best, I took the challenge, did the best I could, and totally stressed myself out in the process.  But everything was wonderfully dysfunctional, in the true fashion of my family.  We had an awesome time, but I'm really glad it's over.

My favorite picture of the bride & groom.
The whole group, it's not hard to laugh when my uncle is taking pictures!
Diana attacking me to show her appreciation.  This was shortly before mass amounts of alcohol became involved :-)
On top of all of the wedding stuff there were several memorials for my aunt to attend, my brother and his wife were in the middle of trying to close on their new home, and things at work started to pick up.  So that's my lame excuse for not posting for awhile.

I did manage to accomplish some knitting in the mass confusion.  My featherweight cardigan is finally finished.  Actually, the reason I finished this one was so I could wear it to the memorial.  There's an inside joke in my family, and I'm sure my aunt would have appreciated the humor.

Just before we left for the memorial.
I also finished Sean's socks finally.  They were supposed to be my April socks of the month, but well, life happens.

Dude & Dudette socks, 4/3 to 6/17, Three Fates Eponymous in Serpentine colorway.
I've started what were supposed to be my May socks.  I would like to finish them in time to enter them in the state fair (early August for entry submission), but we will see if that actually happens.  Sock of the month club, the definition of "best laid plans."  Ah well, such is life.  I'm off to spend some time with my knitters, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment